Starting university is an exciting new life chapter for anyone. Moving out of home for the first time, making new friends, living in a different city let alone a different part of the world for some. You’ve been waiting for this moment for the 3 – 4 academic years of your life so make sure that each decision after your official university placement acceptance is as thought through and justified as the first set of life decisions you’ve made.
It’s natural to feel excited but it’s also not uncommon to feel slightly daunted and overwhelmed with the amount of new life considerations you will have to think about.
A new home usually takes pride of place at the top of most university fresher students ‘To Do’ and ‘Priority Lists’. A happy home can make or break your time at university so don’t let last minute decisions ruin your experience of university life and follow these simple top tips for making the right decision.
Dolphin Square couldn’t be better suited to this student market. Set within 3.5 acres of private landscaped gardens with exceptional onsite facilities including dining, leisure and a multi award-winning spa in addition to highly specified, newly refurbished apartments, Dolphin Square is a lifestyle choice not a living choice.
We call like to call it village living. It’s where the smartest tenants feel most at home.
1. CHOOSING THE RIGHT LANDLORD
Here at Dolphin Square we do our utmost to keep our residents happy. Available 24hrs a day and tenant queries and questions will be answered and problems solved at the earliest convenience.
Here is just a few of the things we do to keep you smiling when your deep in exams and studying.
- To maintain the gardens and keep them in pristine condition. Maintain the roof, foundations, main structure and all external parts of the estate including drains, gutters and external pipes
- To keep all installations in the flat relating to the supply of water, electricity and sanitation in repair and proper working order
- To maintain, repair and when necessary renew, all installations in the estate relating to the provision of space heating and heating water to ensure that the flats are at all times provided with hot and cold water and adequate central heating at all reasonable times and at least from 1 October in every year until 31 May
- To maintain, repair, service and where necessary renew, all lifts and any other plant and equipment within the estate which serves individual flats
- To maintain, repair, service and where necessary, renew any installations in the estate which provide digital cable TV and telephone services to the flat which services shall be available at all times of the day and night
- To keep all common parts maintained, repaired, redecorated, cleaned and where necessary, furnished and lit
- To provide porterage “of a reasonable and proper standard” at all times of the day and night
- To provide rubbish containers in suitable locations and to maintain satisfactory arrangements for the disposal of refuse and rubbish on a daily basis
- To maintain, tend and when necessary plant and re-plant, all gardens, landscaped areas and other communal parts of the estate
- To provide and maintain a full, proper and adequate security system at all times of the day and night for the estate to ensure, so far as is reasonably possible, the security of individual flats and all common parts
- To prevent any insect or vermin infestation of the estate
2. SAFETY AND SECURITY
Here at Dolphin Square we understand how important your valuables are, especially all the electronic devices that we have these days (from tablets to smart phones, sound cancelling headphones for those long library stints). That’s why we have a 24-hour front desk that is constantly manned on both weekdays and weekends. 24 hour security/CCTV, on-site maintenance and management is all available and present too. There are a car parking spaces available to rent for those of you with cars or, simply forget the car and take a short stroll or Boris bike ride into London as you count the value of a very astute move.
It is easy to forget that the historic Dolphin Square is in the heart of London and only a 10 minute tube ride from bustling Oxford Circus. Three and a half acres of private landscaped gardens, a riverside tennis court and a magnificent indoor swimming pool help you to leave behind the stresses and strains of the city. The local farmers’ market is a short stroll away on a Saturday morning and you can pick up a paper and croissant from the Dolphin Bar & Grill on your way.
City conveniences are carefully blended into Dolphin Square life to give the best of both. A sports & fitness club, award-winning spa, 24-hour security, concierge, Club Lounge bar and selection of shops are on hand to ensure that a busy lifestyle is made as hassle-free as possible. You are only ever a short walk, bike ride or taxi journey away from Vauxhall and Victoria train stations, Tate Britain, the King’s Road, The Royal Court Theatre and a host of designer boutiques, bars and restaurants.
Dating back to the 1930′s, Dolphin Square has an eclectic mix of tenants. It’s not uncommon to bump into someone in the gardens or the corridors that remembers Dolphin Square and what it used to be like in the world war or be sharing the coffee que with an art student from University of Arts on their daily commute. The majority of the staff at Dolphin Square have years of experience under their belts, with many having worked within the square for more than 20 years. The community feel you get within the square is compleyely unique to London. We like to call it ‘Village Living in SW1′
Dolphin Square comprises; contemporary serviced apartments available for stays of 1 night or more, residential and corporate lets, with dedicated leisure and wellbeing services in an enviable SW1 location set around three and a half acres of private idyllic gardens. Facilities include; The Spa, 11,000 sq ft sports and fitness club with squash courts & swimming pool, riverside tennis court & croquet lawn, Calmer Clinics multi disciplinary healthcare clinic, shopping arcade including Collum Hairdressers, restaurant, bar and private parking.
So what are you waiting for? Come and be part of ‘Village Living in SW1′